Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Next Week's Movies



There was only one new movie available this week.


Get Smart: I decided to put this off a week.


Kung Fu Panda and Indiana Jones were available for the current week. I booked Indiana Jones in with the intention of playing Kung Fu Panda the following week which is now Next week. (does that make sense?)


Anyway, I booked Panda in for 7:00 and matinees. Indiana Jones has been really busy so I decided to keep it for the late show next week. The late show this week has been surprisingly quiet compared to the early show but I think keeping it for a late show will work. It's the only showing and it's at 9:00 as opposed to the relatively late 9:40 it's playing at currently.


I decided to run Panda matinees on Monday as well as Saturday and Sunday since it's a holiday. We've never done this before so we'll see if it works. I'm only trying it since it's a civic holiday not a Stat holiday. If it was a Stat holiday the staff would get time and a half and it would be too expensive to risk it.


The current plan is for Get Smart to play the following week with Hulk as the late show. There won't be any matinees that weekend unless Panda happens to be busy enough to keep for another week for matinees. Not likely but possible.


In case anyone asks, I'll be surprised if we get Dark Knight before September. It would make a great Frosh week movie so hopefully it will be available then.

2 comments:

Gaston said...

I went yesterday to watch Indiana Jones. I had a good time. The movie was more fantastic than the previous ones and I have the impression that there were less riddles, but it's OK. The movie was entertaining anyway.

Gaston said...

I went last night to watch Kung Fu Panda. I really enjoyed it and so did the people that went with me. =)