Thursday, July 03, 2008

A film I saw in England that hasn't come out here.


As soon as I got to London I went to check out Leicester Square as everyone told me it was the place to go for cinemas. It turned out to have 4 big old movie palaces that had been plexed to varying degrees, the Empire, Vue and 2 Odeons, one of them the big one.


The first movie I went to was at the Vue. It looked like a cool theatre from the outside yet turned out to suck a bit on the inside. It had been very plexed up.


There was a film on the program I had never heard of called Flashbacks of a Fool. It turned out to be a British film with Daniel Craig AKA James Bond. He plays a older actor who has led an hedonistic lifestyle and pretty much alienated everyone. Most of the middle section of the film is exploring the character as a teenager then Craig is back for the final section of the film. It was a really interesting film. There's an old Roxy Music song (heard in the trailer and on the official site) that I was not familiar with in the film. The scene it was in I found really mesmerizing. It's now one of my favorite songs.


I haven't seen anything indicating when there might be a North American release. The official site seems to be UK specific. I have a feeling it'll end up going straight to DVD here even though it doesn't deserve it.




2 comments:

Gaston said...

Seems interesting. It would be a pity if it only makes it to DVD.

Anonymous said...

i didn't think the trailer was very good at all... didn't make me too interested in it. and was that stanley tucci i saw yelling at daniel craig?

i love stanley tucci...