Monday, July 14, 2008

Next Week's Movie


There were 2 new movies available this week.

Sex and the City: I've been waiting for this one so I booked it in. We've had a lot of people ask about it so I expect it to do quite well.




The Incredible Hulk: I decided to hold off on this one for now. I think it will make a good late show with Get Smart or a similar movie at some point.

I decided to run Sex and the City as a late show as well as an early show. It's a surprisingly long film so it puts the late show at 9:45. Iron Man did okay for the late shows and this strikes me as the kind of film that should do well as a late show.


I did one thing that's pretty experimental. I'm running matinees for a non-kid's film. I noticed over the last couple matinees (Iron Man, Narnia 2) that there were a lot of adults coming and really not that many kids.


Matinees give people who can't come in the evening another option. Hopefully we aren't just cannibalizing the evening shows. It's just one show at 2 pm so I'm just scheduling a projectionist and I'll come in to help set up and run the Box Office. The projectionist will run the concession stand then start the trailers. Once the actual movie starts I won't be needed any more so I can leave. I'll only need to be there about 45 minutes. This way we only need about 30 people total for it to at least pay for itself. If any of those 30 buy snacks then we make a profit. I figure the odds of that are pretty good.


Indiana Jones, Get Smart and Kung Fu Panda should be available soon.

No comments: