Friday, August 01, 2008

Marriage Proposals at Western Film.

A guy rented Western Film today for a private showing of Sex and The City just for him and his girlfriend. I'm not sure why but it reminded me of a couple previous rentals. Twice Western Film has been the site of a marriage proposal. The first time, I don't remember the movie, they watched the movie and then he asked her after it was over. I was still in the projection booth, I had just stopped the movie and didn't want to disturb them. He had told me in advance what he planned to do. She looked very happy, crying and the whole bit. I thought it was a neat idea to propose in a theatre, it'll be more memorable and make a better story than the usual restaurant or whatever.

The next guy used the theatre but didn't actually watch the movie. As far as she knew they were there to watch a regular matinee. I had loaned him a copy of our PowerPoint slide show. He amended it by adding his own stuff at the end. Pictures of them together culminating with a 'will you marry me' slide. It was quite touching. I'm pretty sure she said yes.

2 comments:

Gaston said...

That's to be original! =)

Anonymous said...

wow... i never would have thought of that... i guess it would work great for film junkies... cute idea.

i like the random western film trivia posts.