Thursday, August 07, 2008

New Offerings at Western Film - Nachos


I brought in Nachos a couple months ago, they have been selling pretty good. There's three parts, the trays, the chips and the cheese. I like our chips, they aren't too salty. The cheese comes in small packets like big ketchup packets. One packet fills the cheese portion of the tray. I kinda wish the packets of Cheese were bigger, they are 3 Oz's and to me doesn't look like enough. Maybe I just tend to put a lot of cheese on each chip when I have them myself. We prepare several trays of chips in advance as it takes some time to fill a tray properly. The trays are then put into the warmer pictured. I've told my staff to fill each tray as full as possible using complete chips, pieces are only to be used to fill in any empty spaces.

People who buy Nachos have a choice of cheese or salsa. Most take cheese, the salsa is cheaper so I tell the staff to give them a lot. A second portion of cheese can be bought for $.75 or extra Salsa for $.50. Some people think the cost of the extra cheese is too high but it's actually about what Western Film pays for each packet.

We've actually tried selling Nachos at Western Film before. We had a dispenser with a large bag of cheese inside instead of the small packets. I liked the system better. It was faster and extra cheese could be added easy. However the we didn't sell enough nachos to go through the cheese fast enough and it would go bad. (Hint: if your nacho cheese ever tastes like butterscotch it's too old). Since the cheese is the most expensive part we had to stop selling them.

When I heard about the packets I decided to try them again. Also with the permanent concession stand I had more space for them.

So far we've had good sales so I don't see them going away again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm not sure where to post this but I was wondering is there any possibilty that the following movie could be playing at UWO.

"Singh is Kinng"

It's a bollywood movie and I believe last year they played "Om Shanti Om" so there is some hope.

Please let me know :)

Anonymous said...

The last couple of times I've been to Western Film, I've found the sound system is now turned up loud enough to make your ears blead!

I was going to go watch "The Incredible Hulk" tonight, but the thought of all that volume was just too much of a turn off.

What do the rest of you readers think? Is there some serious confusion between loudness and quality coming to play with the new fancy sound system?