Thursday, August 14, 2008

Next Week's Films



Next week was easy to book. There were only two films available, Wanted and Hellboy 2 and I had planned to play both. I only had two decisions to make, one easy and one harder. I had to decide which order to put them in which was pretty easy. Wanted has broader appeal and was a bigger hit, I think. Hellboy has a more niche market and is the kind of film that can do well on a late show.

I also had to decide whether to play matinees. I decided not to as neither film seemed very matinee friendly. I was basing this both on my own instinct and on how Hulk did for last week's matinees (i.e: not good).


I'm pretty sure Wanted will do well. I'm a little nervous about Hellboy, it might be one of those films that only some want to see and they have already seen it. On the other hand it's such a active and visually rich film I can see some people watching it more than once.


The only other title the booker was checking on was Hancock so that may be available the following week.

3 comments:

Gaston said...

I'm gonna see both movies next week.

And I really enjoyed Hulk last night. Marvel is doing a good job. =)

Anonymous said...

i haven't seen hellboy, and always thought it would be crap, but people keep telling me good things about it, so i guess i'll give it a shot.

as for wanted, it looks sick - i hope it reaches brazilian theatres next week, or else i won't get a chance to see it until it comes out on dvd =(

Anonymous said...

I'm having troubles to log in. =P

Anyway, I went tonight to watch 'Wanted'. Almost all the guys (if not all) that went with me enjoyed the movies. Both girls there did not.

It's an action movie with bullets and more bullets, giving lots of opportunities to play with the cameras and have cool scenes.