Thursday, June 07, 2007

Western Film movie reviews


I saw Mr. Brooks tonight. The trailer made the movie look interesting and I wanted to see it but it wasn't on the top of my list. I was pleasantly surprised. It was a good thriller with some interesting twists. The actors were pretty good, Costner makes a pretty creepy bad guy. Dane Cook who is normally more of a comedic actor did well in a more dramatic role. Demi Moore was Demi Moore. The movie is rated 18A for some fairly explicit violence. Apparently it's supposed to be part of a trilogy so we'll see if the others get made. It's done okay at the Box Office, about 12 million. Western Film may or may not play it. If I get a week where there's nothing like Spider-Man available I'll slot it in. It didn't get a huge amount of press but the older audience that comes to Western Film during the summer will remember the start power Costner and Moore used to have.

No comments: