Monday, June 04, 2007

Western Film movie reviews

Disclaimer- this is my personal opinion and you may not agree. I admit I'm in a bit of a conflict of interest since I don't want to dissuade people from seeing a film at Western Film.

KNOCKED UP - the advance word on this film was very positive and it didn't disappoint. I think I can safely say it was the most consistently funny movie I have ever seen. There weren't a lot of laugh out loud moments but I had a pretty big smile the whole time. It also somehow managed to make crude humour intelligent. It will definitely play at Western Film but probably not for a while. I think the word of mouth on this film will be good and it will play at the first run theatres for a while. It's the kind of film that plays for a while unlike blockbuster films that open huge but don't play too long.

28 WEEKS LATER- I don't normally watch a lot of horror films but the first one was really good. This one was neat, interesting story, it was very gory but the editing was so fast you could barely see any of it. They also used a shaky camera quite a bit. This won't play at Western Film because it's a horror movie and from Fox.

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 3- Long spectacular roller coaster ride that didn't make a lot of sense. Fun characters, incredible special effects. Didn't seem as kid friendly as perceived. Not for little kids. Will play at Western Film but not for a while.

No comments: