Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Next Week's Movies


Next week was one of those weeks I hate. Both of my first choices were unavailable. Spider-man 3 is down to one screen at the Silver City so I figured it would come off but they held it. I was hoping to play Away From Her if Spidey wasn't available. Away From her isn't available so either the Hyland is keeping it another week or the print is going to another city.

So I had to choose something I wouldn't normally play just to fill the time more or less.


Meet The Robinsons- I had actually booked this in before changing my mind. I was going to try it as an experiment to see if we can do better with film aimed just at kid's now that Rainbow is first run. However I looked at some films we played last summer that appeal to both children and adults like Over The Hedge and Ice Age 2. There weren't a lot of kids to those movies , it was still mostly adults. Meet The Robinsons was aimed at kids only. There were also a couple other factors. The kids are still in school and we don't play matinees which parents usually expect to take kids to.


That left me with two choices.

The Hoax- with Richard Gere. I heard it was a good film and Gere is a movie star but I just didn't think it had enough awareness. On the off chance I have another week with no new movies available I'll play it.


Hot Fuzz- I choose this film because it had higher awareness and buzz and it was pretty funny. I also had some requests for the poster which oddly enough is often a good indicator of how well a movie will do. I'm not sure how it will do with the students mostly gone. Hopefully I'll get surprised.

No comments: