Thursday, June 14, 2007

Western Film mini movie review - Waitress


I went to see this movie because I had heard it was a nice quirky little comedy and because I like Nathan Fillion who plays the male lead. All I can figure is this is one of those movies where different people react very differently. It was definitely quirky. I liked it at first but I think I hated it at the end, I can't decide. I could tell a few of the other audience members were as frustrated as me. Others seem to have really liked it. My film studies training was pulling out all kinds of messages and meanings that may or may not have been intended.

This is one of those movies I'm going to have to take my own opinion out of the decision whether to play it or not. Unless Fox makes it impossible with their weird rules Western Film will still play it in the next few weeks.
Some of the pies looked really good. I wonder if there's a pie diner like that around here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be awesome if Western Film showed Waitress.. especially since it hasnt yet played in London. A whole untapped market! :)

Anonymous said...

I have never attended any film studies courses, so, I'm not an authority, but I can tell you that WAITRESS is one of my all-time favorite movies.
I thought it was delightful, charming, and full of characters that I could relate to and that I cared about. Beautifully written and directed by Adrienne Shelly, who, sadly, is no longer with us, (she was also one of the stars), this little film offers up wonderful performances. Keri Russell, as THE WAITRESS, shows us that she's not just another pretty face - she shines... and she makes this movie shine. The pies look dreamy, but Russel is the shining star of this show.