Thursday, June 14, 2007

Western Film mini movie review - Surf''s Up


I always feel kinda weird going to movies that are basically meant for kids but a lot of them are still fun. Thankfully I wasn't the only person in the theatre. I try to go to a late show the first week a kid's movie is out. After the first week they usually drop the late shows. I don't really want to go when the kiddies are there.


Surf's Up was funny but pretty generic. It reminded me of a lot of the mid-range animated movies like Madagascar. Fun to watch but certainly not a classic. The animation was really good. The idea of doing it as a mock documentary was kinda neat.


I don't think it will play at Western Film. We usually don't play films meant just for kids.


If you go see it there's a short scene after the credits.

No comments: