Monday, June 18, 2007

Western Film mini movie review - Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer.


I have always been a huge fan of comic book/sci-fi movies. A lot of people didn't like it but I thought the first one wasn't great but was a lot of turn-your-brain-off entertainment. I was so looking forward to this movie I did something I almost never do, went on opening night. I did cheat a little and go to Westmount rather than the Silver City. The Silver City would have been packed and has gone downhill lately. The movie never seems to be in focus anymore. Westmount isn't as busy and cheaper and it was in focus. It's also closer to my place.

Silver Surfer was similar to the first one with extra action and a bit more spectacle since they didn't have to spend time building the characters like in the first one. It wasn't a great movie but it didn't suck either. I enjoyed it a lot. Western Film will probably be playing it at some point. I added the probably because it's from Fox and anyone who reads this blog knows how much fun they can be to deal with.

No comments: