Sunday, April 27, 2008

Funny line from review of 88 minutes.

Rarely do I laugh out loud at a sentence in a movie review. I did at this line in a Variety review of Al Pacino's 88 minutes. As you can probably tell from the line itself the review was pretty scathing. The movie sounded like an interesting idea but wasn't done properly.

Here's the line:

"To play the babes, the 19 producers have seen fit to hire actresses (including Alicia Witt but especially Leelee Sobieski) with the uniform capacity to tower over the leading man, something for which he was surely grateful. "

Let me know if you agree or if I just have a weird sense of humour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wouldn't say it's laugh-out-loud material. i mean, i surely have seen way meaner comments that made me laugh. and you've got to give reviewers with a sense of humour credit - they make the experience of reading their reviews that much more enjoyable...