Saturday, April 05, 2008

Damm drunk people

There was a Soph pub at the restaurant beside Western Film tonight which meant a couple hundred drunk students around. I don't mind drunk students but why do they have to be so disrespectful of others property? We have large metal signs outside the UCC to advertise the movies. They use large magnetic letters. I was walking out to the parking lot and happened to notice a couple sophs trying to get open the one nearest Western Road. I was on the other side of the road unfortunately and there was a fence between me and them. I crossed the road and walked up to the fence and yelled "get away from that f&*king sign". Can you tell I was pissed off? They fairly quickly took off. I walked around the fence and checked out the sign. They had bent the doors somewhat trying to get it open which they eventually managed to do just about the time I came along. I had to climb up on the sign, a rather precarious position, to get it to close again. The bent doors made it hard to line everything up.

The thing I can't help but wonder is exactly what they intended to do? Did they want to steal the letters or rearrange them to make something they thought was funny ? All that was on the sign was Juno 700 905, not many anagrams there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually laughed when I got to the end of the post. Of all move titles.... Juno ?!

I guess either people are getting more and more creative or more and more stupid (I'm partial to the latter).

When I read the title I thought it would be a noise complaint... which reminds of one time I was watching The Kite Runner, and at a pretty tense point in the movie, when there was dramatic silence, no music, etc. the music from the outside hip-hoppers was loud enough to infiltrate the theatre, removing the intensity of the scene as some audience members laughed...

Gaston said...

People tend to do more stupid things when they are drunk.