Friday, April 11, 2008

Harrsion Ford.


As pretty much every person in most of the world knows, Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull comes out on May 22. This is the fourth Indiana Jones film, the last one was in 1989!



The film looks fantastic and will be a monster hit unless it really, really, really sucks, which isn't likely considering the talent involved.


What I would do if I was Harrison Ford? Retire after this film, go out on a high note. His last few films haven't been that good and didn't do well. If he stops with this film there won't be a gradual slide into obscurity as happens with so many actors. I wouldn't want a film like Firewall to be the last film I made.


Maybe do a few cameos or something but no more lead roles.


He's been in two of the most famous series in movie history (Indiana Jones and Stars Wars) and starred in one of the most influential films ever. (Blade Runner)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't say I'm a fan of Harrison Ford... Don't like Star Wars, hated Blade Runner... (haven't seen Indy in a million years). Last thing I saw him in was Firewall, and boy oh boy, did that movie have a lot of suck.

I think that's a good plan, but at the same time - he must LOVE acting, and not being able to exercise that desire to sink one's teeth in a juicy role must be pretty frustrating...

Also - "the talent involved" .... I'm skeptical about that (not that I think this movie will suck, but just that I don't take that as a reasonable explanation) - take a look at War of the Worlds or Munich for example...

Munich - written by the dude who did Forrest Gump!
War of the Worlds - Spielberg + Cruise = Crap.

I don't know... Spielberg hasn't done anything too impressive lately. I think what I'm most looking forward to in this movie is Shia LaBeouf... Love that guy.

WesternFilm said...

You and I have very different taste in movies. I saw the Latest edition of Blade Runner at the Hyland twice at Christmas because it's such a cool movie to me. I do agree on War of the Worlds. It was bascially a series of really good special effects sequences with loose ties between them.

I hear Harrison Ford calls his fans 'customers' so I'm not so sure he won't mind retiring.

Gaston said...

I saw the movies of Indiana Jones when I was pretty young (in 1989 I was 7 years old). It will be good to see a new one. =)