Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Programming update.

A bit of an update about the last couple weeks. My staff were booking the films while I was gone. You may have noticed we went down to one show a night for a couple weeks. That's partially a byproduct of not many movies available but mostly because this is the deadest time of year for us.

Some of the movies we didn't play:
Street Knights: from Fox or I would have played it.
Speed Racer: I liked the film but obviously a lot of people didn't since it's now one of the biggest bombs of all time.
Baby Mama: I would have played this film while the students were here but now it would probably bomb. I might play it if we don't get a good movie next week.
Horton Hears a Who: Fox.
Deception: low awareness and bad reviews.
Forbidden Kingdom: basically a kid's film, we don't play them until the summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Street Kings - I want to see that
Speed Racer - I don't care what critics say, I still want to see it.
Baby Mama - weak.
Horton - Love Blue Sky Studios animations, I really want to see it.
Deception - I wanted to see it until I read all the bad reviews.
Forbidden Kingdom - not interested.

I also still haven't seen Iron Man - so if that's close to coming in, I'm a happy man.

Gaston said...

I wanted to see 'Street Kings' and 'Forbidden Kingdom', although I didn't know the latter was more for kids (I only heard about its existence).

I saw 'Iron man'. Good movie. Very loyal to the comic.