Monday, June 23, 2008

Next Week's Film


Finally, Iron Man came off so I booked it in. I was already told What Happens in Vegas was available so I would have booked that in if Iron Man had not come off. Vegas will probably play the week after Iron Man. I was mildly surprised when the booker told me she was checking on Sex and The City. I didn't think it would come off for a couple more weeks. It turned out it wasn't available next week but may be for the following week. That may introduce an interesting choice. I may have to chose between Sex and Vegas?! I'd choose Sex as I think it will do better here.


I decided to do late shows and matinees for Iron Man. Late shows lately have been a bit of a bust but I think Iron Man should pull some people. If it doesn't we may be looking at a summer of single shows much to the chagrin of my staff.

Matinees have been Hit and Miss at Western Film. Iron Man isn't as obvious a matinee film as something like Kung Fu Panda but a lot of kids liked it and I heard many wanted to see it more than once so parents may choose to bring them to a lower priced theatre. If Western Film plays matinees for a film we are playing at night the extra cost is basically just the staff cost so a huge number of attendees isn't required. I stopped bringing in movies for just matinees as the costs go up quite a bit once the minimum rental is added.


Plus matinees tend to have high food sales, kids love popcorn even more than I do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My vote is for Sex over Vegas - I am dying to see Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda!

Gaston said...

I'll see Iron Man (again). And would prefer Vegas rather than Sex. ;-)

Gaston said...

Hi. I want to see this movie next week. Are you going to be open on Tuesday? Somebody told me it will be holiday that day.

WesternFilm said...

Western Film will be open for the holiday. Except for a couple weeks at Christmas we are open 7 days a week.

Gaston said...

OK. Thanks. I'll be there next Tuesday then. =)

Anonymous said...

ugh. it'll take me ages to see iron man... as i mentioned in a comment lower down.

as for sex vs. vegas - i watched sex and the city: it's a super long episode of sex.. and i never liked sex and the city too much. (i was going to abbreviate it to 'sex' in this last sentence, but then it might have sounded wrong).

as for vegas - i would only see it at western film... i'm not paying $10 to see that. looks terrible.