Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Next Week's films.



Next week is one of those weeks that sucks because the students who would be most likely to want to see the films are AWOL.


Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanamo Bay was the only new film available. I booked it for the 7pm show. I'm not sure how it will do, hopefully there's lots of people like me who didn't get around to seeing it first-run.


Be Kind Rewind came available some time while I was gone. I really wanted to get this film before school ended but it just kept playing and playing at the first run theatres. I was tempted not to play it at all but after saying for months I was going to I feel a certain obligation. I booked it in for the late show. I hope it doesn't do as bad as I think it will.


The only other movie the booker was checking on was Made of Honor so that might be available the following week. It looks horrible but apparently is funny plus there's lots of Patrick Dempsey fans around.


To my surprise the booker said Iron Man was close to coming off. I wouldn't have expected it this soon. There's now one or two big releases each weekend so it may get pushed off. Needless to say I will be playing it.

What Happens in Vegas is close to coming off but it's Fox so I'll have to wait two weeks and then not split it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely go see both movies this week. I was a huge fan of the first Harold and Kumar, and while I'm almost certain this one will suck in comparison, I just need to see it.

As for Be Kind - it's Gondry. That's all I need to say.

And a note on last week's move:
Forgetting Sarah Marshall... oh.my.god. What a fantastic movie - I could not get over it. Loved it. It's tied in second in my Judd Apatow rank: (1. Superbad, 2. Walk Hard / Sarah Marshall, 3. 40 YO Virgin, 5. Knocked Up). I already liked Jason Segel, but now I see him as so much more talented.

And Mila Kunis..... gorgeous. Hadn't seen her since that 70s show where she was just alright. Now: beautiful.

Gaston said...

I'm going to see 'Be Kind Rewind' next Tuesday with some people (like every week). I think it will be very funny.

And with regard to 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall'... I wasn't expecting it to be good; actually, I hadn't heard anything about it before going. However, I was greatly surprised. I really enjoyed it. =)

Anonymous said...

I watched Harold and Kumar yesterday. I was pretty disappointed: it wasn't half as good as the first.

The first movie was absolutely hilarious - I loved it completely, but this one seemed to try too hard... Maybe it was because I was dying to urinate or because I was caught in the rain on the way there, and so was soaking and freezing through the movie... but I didn't like it all the much.

Funny? sure. Hilarious? not even close.

I'm seeing Be Kind tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

watched Be Kind today... i guess the best word to describe it would be 'cute' ... it's got heart, and it's fun. not as out there as science of sleep, not as smart as eternal sunshine, but still good old fun. gondry has an incredible vision and ability to make stuff fun and crazy...

i liked the film, but i wish i liked it more. for some reason i kind of feel like i wanted there to be more to this movie... i wanted to love it.

...any ideas of what movies will be playing the week after next? that will be my last week in london, so i'm hoping my last movie is a good one.