Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Next Week's Movie(s)



I'm a little late on this post (again), sorry. There was only one new film available next week, Made of Honor, which I booked in for the early show. I booked in Baby Mama for the late show. It was 'will be playing' on my status list and we still had people asking about so I thought I'd take a chance. Hopefully I don't regret it.


I asked about My Blueberry Nights but there aren't enough prints for all the first run theatres that want it let alone a second run theatre like Western Film.


The booker said Iron Man will almost definitely come off the following week which would be cool. If it does I'm going to run a 7pm show and maybe a late show, I haven't decided yet. late shows are iffy during the summer, even for Iron Man. I'm also going to try running matinees on Saturday and Sunday. We have had some success in the past playing kid-friendly films for matinees during the summer.


If Iron Man isn't available I'm not sure what I'm going to do. There's almost nothing else I see coming off I want to play. What Happens in Vegas should come off but Fox puts two weeks between when it leaves first run and is available to second run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to watch Made of Honor again because I dragged a friend to see Harold & Kumar 2 so now she has the right to drag me to one of her choosing... lucky for me, I liked Made of Honor first time around.

I've already seen Baby Mama and found it weak.

As for Iron Man - I really do hope it arrives - I haven't seen it yet and that will be my last movie at Western Film...

Fingers crossed.