Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Next Week's Movie.


I was afraid this would happen. Iron Man didn't come off. The only new movie that might have been available was The Strangers. I told the booker we didn't want it anyway (horror film) before she knew whether it was available or not.


I checked into the art/independent stuff. The only one I thought we would do okay with was My Blueberry Nights but no prints were available.


So I had to go back through films we had chosen not to play for various reasons. I narrowed my choice down to 2 films, Speed Racer or Street Kings. I had initially decided to go with Speed Racer because of it's higher profile but the booker convinced me to go with Street Kings. She said Speed Racer had been doing horrible at second run theatres. The negative buzz was just too strong even though the film wasn't that bad.

The main reason I didn't play Street Kings before was because it was from Fox so I couldn't split it. That isn't a problem this week because there's nothing to split it with anyway. I am however only playing one show a night. It wouldn't do enough business to justify two shows a night by itself.


If Iron Man doesn't come off next week I'll have a conniption fit (whatever that is).


I was informed we could have What Happens In Vegas as of Jun 27 but it's Fox so I can't split it. It may wait a week or two until I get a week when there isn't anything else available.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well... i didn't even get to see this movie, what with studying for exams and packing and whatnot...

shame.

and iron man is only still available in brazil if it's dubbed.... guess i'll just have to wait for the dvd =(

i hope the movie theatre at ubc improves magically over the summer...