Friday, August 03, 2007

They're remaking my youth?!

I've noticed a disturbing trend of announcements or rumours about remaking films that came out when I was a kid or teenager. I guess I've been around longer than it feels since they don't usually remake films until quite a bit after they first came out.

Here's some I've heard about.

Halloween - comes out in August-why not at Halloween?-probably to avoid going up against Saw 4.

Revenge of the Nerds- I heard this one got cancelled.

Footloose- supposed to be starring Zac Efron from Hairspray.

Witch Mountain movies. 2 movies from the 70's about kids who had special powers. I wanted to be one of those kids so bad so I could throw around the kids who picked on me. Never be a smart kid in a country school full of bumpkins.

Escape From New York - remake is supposed to star Gerard Butler from 300. This one could be cool.

The Thing- 1982 version by John Carpenter, sequel and remake are both rumoured. The Thing is itself a remake of a 1951 film called The Thing from Another World.

Terror Train - the original is a little known horror movie starring Jamie Lee Curtis and hunky Canadian Hart Bochner. This may get cancelled since the recent horror movie wave seems to have run it's course.

Logan's Run - supposed to be directed by Bryan Singer who did X-Men and Superman Returns. This one could be cool as well.


If anyone tries to remake these they are only asking for trouble. They could never be as good as the originals. I will also hunt them down personally.

Heathers - I've heard rumours of a sequel though.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Goonies
Grease

No comments: