Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New Seasoning by popular demand.

I got in a new seasoning today. Many people have asked about Ketchup flavour so I ordered some. Kinda works out for another reason. I currently have plain salt in one of the plastic shakers but the holes in the lid are so big it just pours out. The previous set of containers were metal and the holes were smaller. I replaced them because the seasonings were hard to sprinkle when it was humid, the stuff would stick together. The plastic shakers have bigger holes and even then still have problems.

Anyway, I'm going to pull out one of the metal shakers with small holes for the salt and fill the plastic container with large holes with the Ketchup seasoning.

Hopefully people like Ketchup flavoured popcorn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, ketchup seasoning! So bummed when Kernals got rid of their ketchup popcorn. Guess my theatre of choice will be Western Film!

Anonymous said...

Man... I have been searching for MONTHS for a place online that sells Ketchup popcorn topping.

I am in Canada, and we used to have the Cineplex stuff in the stores (which makes EVERYONE that I ever served it to sneeze, but after it settles, it tastes so good)... but even that is now gone since Famous bought Cineplex.

Blah blah blah... I am posting because I would LOVE to buy ketchup topping, and am wondering where you buy it from?

My 2 daughters and I love ketchup flavoured popcorn, and it is the "thing" we've got on movie night ;-)

Any chance you can helpgive me some direction?

If it's a "movie theater only" closed distribution kind of thing, let me know if I can buy a bag of the stuff from you? When Cineplex was around, I bought a bag from the store manager once for $20... it lasted us a whole YEAR... well worth the money.

Let me know your thoughts... feedback... assistance... etc

Looking forward to it!!!

JoeUssia@Hotmail.com

WesternFilm said...

The ketchup has been really popular. The only odd thing is it's kinda brown instead of the red people are expecting. The seasonings are ground pretty fine so they do make people sneeze. The flavour/smell is pretty strong when it gets inhaled. The flavacol we used to make the popcorn is even worse for that.

I buy it from the wholesaler that I buy all our popcorn supplies from, bags etc. I don't think he deals with the public. I can sell you some. It comes in a good size bucket for $30. It takes us a few months to go through one so if you use it in a year you really like your Ketchup seasoning! I could sell you less than a full bucket as well. I can be e-mailed at wfilm@uwo.ca.