Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Next Week's Movies


Booking for next week was pretty easy. The only major movie available was Transformers. Since it was one of the biggest hits of the summer I figured I should probably play it. I debated doing a late show. Earlier in the summer I probably would have only run one show at 7pm, especially since it's so long. However I decided to run a late show for a few reasons.


-I've noticed students seem to be coming back already.

-It's the kind of movie pretty much everyone sees and some people watch more than once so I figure we'll be busy enough to warrant a late show.

-It's a late show kind of movie.

-My staff and I have a lot of stuff to do to get ready for Frosh Week so we'd be there anyway.


The next playweek after this goes into Labour Day and Frosh week so it's a very important week. We want to have good choices for the new students to see so they visit Western Film and know it's there. At this point I would play Knocked Up and Transformers but I'll see what comes off.


Fox probably won't let me split Die Hard 4 so it will be a couple weeks for that one.


One of my staff and I have a 25 cent bet. He thinks The Simpsons Movie will be available for Frosh Week. I'll be very very surprised if he wins. He wins if it's available even if I don't play it. Even if it was off the other theatres Fox would want per caps or wouldn't let me split it. I'm not playing only one movie during Frosh Week.
I'm giving away the Transformers stuff I received at ShowCanada next week. Each person can fill out a ballot when they buy their tickets. The prize pack is a Transformers gym bag and a Bee-otch car freshener as seen in the film.

No comments: