Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Next Week's Movies


There were 2 new movies available.


Licence to Wed- I found this movie better than I'd heard but from previous experience if a movie gets the bad movie reputation and wasn't a big hit it doesn't do well at Western Film.


Knocked Up- I booked this one in. I expect it to do quite well as it's one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. It strikes me as a late night kind of movie so I decided to run a late show at 9:40. I'm actually surprised we got this one already. I figured it would keep playing right through most of the summer. It was one of those smaller movies that is a bit of a surprise hit based on the word of mouth. Movies like that tend to last longer than the blockbusters in theatres. Wedding Crashers was like that, we didn't get to play it until the end of August.


Fantastic Four 2 and Waitress are still in a bit of a Fox limbo.


Pirates 3 seems to be gone from all the first run theatres so unless one of them brings it back we should have it in 2 weeks. Disney usually puts 2 weeks between first and second run for some reason.

No comments: