Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Next Week's Movies


Initally I was told the following were available.


Captivity- not bloody likely.

Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer. -but Fox said it couldn't be split.

Waitress - Fox said this one couldn't be split either.


Fox's reasoning for not splitting is that they don't want to share the screen with another studio's product. I asked if we could play Waitress as an early show and Fantastic 4 as a late show. Since they are both Fox they'd be splitting with their own product which in a logical world wouldn't be a problem. I told the booker they would only get one show a night of either movie any way. neither is worth running two shows a night. The booker and I both agreed they will probably say no. At this point I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to be able to play Waitress.

Fox has this annoying habit of going into meetings right at the time all the theatres are trying to book for next week. I was told they wouldn't be able to give me an answer until Tuesday. Since we do all our advertising changes Monday night that wouldn't be much help.


Luckily in the meantime I was told Ocean's 13 was available so I booked it in for one show at 7pm. I'll see what happens with Fox next week.


The matinees for Evan Almighty were a complete disaster so I'm planning to try matinees once more with Pirates 3 and that will be it if it tanks.


It's still be a couple weeks before we get Pirates, the first run theatres are holding onto it forever.

I'm not expecting to get Knocked up until late August or maybe even early September. It would make a great Orientation week movie.

No comments: