Monday, July 16, 2007

It's the little things that count.

I try to make a visit to Western Film as enjoyable as possible, partially to differentiate us from other theatres and encourage repeat visits. I've noticed that even small things seem to grab people's attention, whether or not it encourages repeat visits I'll probably never know.

We recently started setting wetnaps out with the straws and napkins. I'm not sure how it started, I think one of my staff put some out and they went were popular so we started doing it for all shows. I've actually heard people says it's a cool idea.

Often one experience is enough to give me ideas. We have little kiddie bags that we give out when people ask. They usually ask for them so they can take some extra seasonings (dill pickle etc.) in or split some of the popcorn up for a child who wants different seasonings than the others. One night I saw a kid pouring seasoning into a napkin and I gave him a kiddie bag. He was very happy. I decided it was a good idea to put a tray of them out so people didn't have to ask. They've been very popular. Almost too popular, those seasonings are expensive.

Even the existence of the seasonings. I've noticed they've disappeared at many other theatres. I figure it's either because of the mess or the cost. At at least one theatre they'll give you a small packet of seasoning with popcorn purchase but if you want extra it's 50 cents. I'm not sure how big the packets are, I should ask for one next time. The seasoning's aren't going anywhere at Western Film. They are really popular, especially with kids. I even have a shaker of salt for those that really like salty popcorn.

We also put a tray of sugar packets out. Some parts of the world put sugar on their popcorn instead of salt. I figure most of it goes for people to put in their coffee but I have seen some putting it on the popcorn so I leave it there.

Anyone got any other little things to suggest?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet popcorn tastes better than salty ones, at least in my part of the world...LOL! Thanks!