Monday, March 31, 2008

An interesting article In Honour of Arthur C. Clarke.

This a neat list of the most prophetic sci-fi films ever made. A couple of these I haven't seen.

2001: a Space Odyssey rates #1 as it should. It's a great film but so slow moving as to be almost boring. It's one of those films I had never seen that I was waiting for a chance to see on the big screen. We tried to show it at Western Film ages ago but the print was one of the worst I have ever seen, most of the first sequence was missing!
Unfortunately we studied it in one of my film courses so I had to watch it, at least it was projected on a screen by a fairly good video projector.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but I think 2001 is actually rated #10. Of that list I have seen 4 movies.

Blade Runner - don't see what the hype is, I personally disliked it very much.

Truman Show - Amazing. love, love, love it. I grew up on an overload of Jim Carrey so this was out of this world for me... plus, an Andrew Niccol script can hardly go wrong.

Minority Report - what a fun little flick... I should rewatch it.

Gattaca - Andrew Niccol's breakthrough movie... God, I love this guy. Great concept, really good movie. Can't wait for his next movie: "Dali & I: The Surreal Story" with Al Pacino playing Salvador Dali....