Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Next Week's Movies.

The choice this week was pretty easy. These were the choices.


Alvin and The Chipmunks- I wouldn't have played it anyway but even less so since Fox wouldn't have let us split it.


Spyderwick Chronicles- Apparently good but a kid's movie. I might have played it during the summer.


There will be Blood- I guess the Hyland dropped it since it was offered to us.


No Country for Old Men- finally.


The booking office had actually already booked There Will Be Blood in but I said I would rather have No Country since it's out on DVD plus we've been waiting for it for so long. I decided to play it for both shows. There wasn't anything good available for a late show and I expect it to do well.


I went ahead and booked There will be Blood for the following playweek. By booking it now I can start advertising it. I figured I was safe to book it now. The only title I would rather play than Blood would be Juno but I don't see that coming off yet. There may or may not be a late show the week that Blood plays. I'll see what's available on Monday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

at last i get to rewatch this movie. i've been wanting to since i got back from the theatre the first time round thinking "i guess that was pretty good, but nowhere near the coens' best" - and then i checked rotten tomatoes and was stunned by how much praise it received.

also... because it won every award ever. hopefully this time round i'll get the genius behind it.

as for next week: i watched blood not even a month ago and really need to rewatch - simply amazing.

Gaston said...

I'm gonna watch this one next week and a couple of people I've talked to are interested in doing so too.

Lets see what happens...

Anonymous said...

so, i got back from watching it again. before leaving i asked my brother (huge film buff, coens fan, film student) what he thought made the film great, and he said to me "it's all in the tone of the movie. look at WHAT they chose to show, HOW they show it..."

indeed, HOW they show it is amazing - if i were to pick oscar winners, this would no doubt win best director... (picture would still go to blood though). this movie definitely jumped from a 7/10 to a 9/10 for me. really good.

when you expect tension there's an unexpected laugh... and there's still a very 'coen sensibility' to this flick, lots of their typical 'larger than life' aspects can be found in it... loved it second time round.

next week is blood, which i already loved first time round... i wonder what will happen this time...