Monday, April 03, 2006

Why I go to movies.

Some of you may have wondered wny I go see movies at other theatres even though I run Western Film and can see them for free. There's a couple reasons for this.

1. I like going to other theatres so I can relax, when I watch a movie at Western Film I always feel like I'm 'on call' if anything happens. Usually the movies I watch at Western Film are ones I haven't had time to see or didn't want to pay $10 to see elsewhere. Sometimes I'll watch movies I saw elsewhere a second time at Western Film.

2. I also go see movies I know won't be playing at Western Film. Usually movies such as horror films or films from certain studios (I'm talking about you, Fox and Paramount) that make it hard for us to play all of their films. I saw Slither last night. Western Film doesn't play horror movies. If all the movies Western Film has ever played were compared for attendance horror films would be at the bottom, even the big hits like The Ring.
I went to see Transporter 2 a while ago because I knew Western Film wouldn't play it, although I wanted to. It was from Fox and they would have wanted both shows each night for the week. It wasn't a big enough film to do that.
I'll probably have to go see Thank you for Smoking somewhere else because it's from Fox as well.

No comments: