Friday, May 11, 2007

ShowCanada preview Screening of Shrek The Third


The first day of ShowCanada (Apr 25th ) we got to see a preview of Shrek the Third. The schedule listed the event as a Paramount movie. Paramount had a movie opening later in the week, Next with Nicolas Cage, so I figured that was what we would be seeing. However I neglected to take into account that Paramount bought Dreamworks which is releasing Shrek. It was a working print. The final color correction wasn't done but it wasn't too noticeable. There were a couple spots where actions were missing.

Overall the movie is really funny and one of those great movies that works both for kids and adults. I predict huge business.

There was only one small disappointment for me, there's a moment in the trailer where a certain piece of music that seems perfect is used. The same song played an important part in Kill Bill. It's called Battle without Honour or Humanity. In the scene in the movie different music is used. Probably no one else would notice, I suppose I noticed because it's one of my favorite songs.
The song is at 1:00 (one minute) in the trailer.
I tried to embed the trailer but it wasn't working for some reason.

No comments: