Friday, May 19, 2006

What I would get rid of at Western Film.

There's two things at Western Film I would like to be able to remove. However it's nessecary to have both.

Diet Coke: This stuff is a pain because it comes out so foamy. It's a thick foam that doesn't settle quickly. If we fill a cup up once the foam settles the cup is only about half full. We end up wasting a lot trying to pour out the foam. It may not sound like a big deal but if we sell a lot of Diet Cokes it really slows us down.

The Butter: This stuff is just plain messy and gets all over everything. Seems like every time I put some on it manages to hit a popcorn kernal just right to spray back out. I tell all new staff to wear pants and shoes that can get messy. It's surprisingly expensive as well. A 9 litre jug is $50.00. I checked into serving real butter a while ago but it was even more expensive and I didn't think we would use it fast enough to keep it fresh. We stopped selling Nachos because we didn't use the cheese fast enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it is just me, but the butter has a sort of nutty taste and it really only coats the top pieces of popcorn so I wouldn't mind going without it. It is too bad the nachos didn't work out because that is definitely something I'd go for. Sometimes you get pretty hungry sitting in a theatre for 2 hours and popcorn just can't cut it!

WesternFilm said...

I didn't want to stop selling nachos myself. I really like movie theatre style nachos. For the summer we're selling Hot Dogs. They are popular with hungry people since we are the only place open around here.

Anonymous said...

I agree with getting rid of the butter. My reason? I remember working in the UCC one night and on a round, I slipped on the floor it covered. I sprained my ankle & couldn't work during the next couple days.