Friday, May 26, 2006

2 things you can never get 'right'

There are some things where it's impossible to please everyone. There's three that come to mind about Movie Theatres.

1. Volume. For everyone who says we should turn it up there's someone else complaining it's too loud. At western Film we try to find a happy medium depending on the film. For action films we crank it up, for dramas we turn it down a little. We also vary it depending on how busy the theatre is, bodies absorb sound so the volume needs to be higher if there is a large audience. Most theatres leave the volume at the same level so it may be too loud for small audiences.

2. Popcorn saltiness. Similar situation, some people like it saltier than others. Again we try to find a happy medium. Sometimes when I'm cleaning up the garbage between shows I'll find almost full bags of popcorn. I figure most of the time maybe they found it too salty?

3. Temperature. This mostly comes into play during the summer. People come into an air conditioned theatre dressed for hot outdoor weather and after sitting for a while get too cold. I keep an eye on it and call Physical Plant if it gets too cold. I have noticed many theatres keep it really cold in the summer. I usually dress warm or take a coat. I've seen people bring blankets into theatres during the summer.

1 comment:

sookie said...

From my blog http://416style.blogspot.com I clicked on next blog to see what was out in the blogosphere and can't believe i came to UWO film's blog. I'm a grad now, but I loved checking out films on campus. Love your too salty/too loud piece. I say it's too loud, action flicks are plenty loud enough. Damn, I miss Western, what a good life. I would do anything to be back there again, livin large.