Tuesday, May 09, 2006

47 Million Dollar opening is a disappointment?

Mission Impossible 3 debuted with only 47 million dollars, way below the studio and various analysts had estimated. It seems funny that much money would be considered a disappointment. Part of the reason it's considered low is that it opened on over 4000 screens, the 4th highest ever.
I don't think they should have been surprised considering how much Tom Cruise's public image has changed over the last year. He's getting the same creepy taint that finished off Michael Jackson. He's totally alienated his female fan base.
I want to see MI3 but more for Philip Seymore Hoffman as the bad buy. On the other hand I would imagine Cruise is getting a front end deal so he gets a portion of ever ticket sold. I would rather not give Tom Cruise, and by extension, Scientology, any of my money.

No comments: