Friday, May 19, 2006

My Theatre Pet Peeves Part 1.

Most people share these but I thought I would rant a little.
In no particular order.

Talkers: People talking during a movie has always been a problem but it's gotten worse since home video. People seem to have gotten used to talking amongst themselves at home. I've gotten good at tuning them out but every so often I have to give someone a look or ask them to be quiet. Thankfully they usually are once asked.

Cellphones: On a similar note, people who talk on cellphones during a movie. Most leave the theatre but even that is enough to be annoying. I was at a movie once and there was a woman talking quite loud on her cellphone. I couldn't believe anyone would be so rude and selfish. My friend and I ended up throwing popcorn at her to get her to shut up.

Cellphone screens: On yet another similar note, I've noticed lately I see a lot of blue screens in theatres. I assume it's people checking the time or whatever but it's really distracting. I was doing a private showing for a group of high school kids here at Western Film a while ago. It was amazing the number of blue screens I saw waving around. One girl even kept hers on and was playing a game on it or something. I could see the light on her face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talking is definitely my biggest pet peeve in the movie theatre and as hard as I try it is just one thing I can't tune out. Another one that is just plain annoying is the people who kick your seat or decide to put their feet up on it.