Monday, October 16, 2006

Next Week's Movies.

I had a few choices this week. It wasn't too hard a choice though.

There's a couple leftover from last week.
Crank
Black Dahlia

New ones were
World Trade Center
All the King's men
Covenant
Bon Cop Bad Cop

I decided to go with All the King's Men as the early show and Black Dahlia as the late show. I think All the King's Men has broader appeal and since Dahlia has a darker subject matter it makes an obvious choice for the late show.

I may pick them up later but these are the reasons I didn't chose the others.
World Trade center- more of interest to Americans than Canadians, didn't do great box office.
Covenant- fun but bad movie, target market is younger than the crowd we get.
Bon Cop Bad Cop- A Canadian movie, was fun, low awareness though. I got the "never heard of it " line a lot when I mentioned it. Did huge business in Quebec though.

I did get news last week that all the prints of Who Killed the Electric Car are booked right up til Nov 14th. I think there's only 5 prints in Canada. We'll probably still play it.

No comments: