Thursday, June 08, 2006

Pet Peeve #2

People who bring small children to adult movies or babies to any movie. I figure most of the time it's because they don't want to pay or can't afford a babysitter but I don't think it's fair to the other customers. Especially younger children who get bored and start talking. At least most of the time if a baby starts crying one of the parents will take it out of the theatre. We usually give them a free pass since they aren't getting to see the movie.

One thing that we are never sure how to deal with is when parents bring children to a movie they probably shouldn't see. We had someone bring some kids around 7 or 8 to V For Vendetta, not exactly a kid's movie. It's the parent's choice but sometimes I'll say something to imply the movie isn't for kids.
I remember when I was a kid my mother took me and my younger brother and sister to Heavy Metal. Since it was animated she probably assumed it was a kid's movie. I even remember thinking when I saw the naked animated sex I probably wasn't supposed to be there.

No comments: