Thursday, April 02, 2009

Casual Job for Student who likes movies.

I'm not sure how many people actually read this and are students but I thought I'd mention this. Maple Pictures is looking for a campus rep to help promote their upcoming films and advance screenings. It's a few hours about once a month. Basically organizing promo and then attending the screenings and reporting how the audience reacted etc. It pays $50 each time plus 2 DVDs from their library. You aren't going to get rich doing it but it's certainly interesting. I wanted to do it myself but it was determined to be a conflict of interest with my Western Film job. The last Maple pic was Adventureland, the next one is Crank 2. Maple is the Canadian arm of Lion's Gate.

These are the basic requirements:
Student or work on campus
here over summer and next school year
Most screenings are Wednesday or Thursday night.

Anyone who is interested please contact me at wfilm@uwo.ca and I'll refer you to the person at Maple.

When my boss told me I couldn't take the job myself I got a bit of a backhanded compliment. The problem was I would be sending people to showings at another theatre. Most of the screenings will be at the Silver City. One of my arguments that I should still be able to do it was that someone would be doing it anyway. He said no one would be able to do it as good as me, I'm not sure if he meant it or just said it to make me feel better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi !
I was wondering-- is western film hiring ppl for next year ?

Thank You

WesternFilm said...

Enough of my current staff are staying that I don't think I need to hire for the summer. I won't know about next school year until August as current staff let me know who will be returning and who won't. Anyone I hire has to train in August so they need to be here.

Anonymous said...

oh ok--
thanx for replying !!
=)