Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Next Week's Films Mar 6 - 12



A happy coincidence occurred for next week that I was able to use to Western Film's advantage. Marley and Me has been available for a couple weeks but I was playing other films. Because it was from Fox I wasn't going to be able to split it so I was waiting for a week where nothing else good was available. I was told last week that Bride Wars would be available for next week but is also from Fox so it couldn't be split. Fox doesn't allow splits more because they don't want to share the screen than anything else. Sometimes I will take their movies but only play one show a night if the movie doesn't warrant a late show.


So it occurred to me to ask if they would let me split Marley and Me and Bride Wars since they are both Fox films. Someone must have been in a good mood since they said yes, to my mild surprise.


This works out great. Marley and Me probably was worth 2 shows a night but I really didn't want to do that. Bride Wars I doubt I would have been able to play at all.


I made Marley and Me the early show since it has more broad appeal. I think some people thought it was a kid's film so some of them will likely show up. Bride Wars appeals mostly to younger females so they will come out for the late show.




Benjamin Button was also available so I booked it in for the playweek starting March 13th.

No comments: