Thursday, March 19, 2009

Next Week's Film Mar 20 -26



Next Week was one of those weeks that hard to program because I had some choices that were hard to make. There were three films available, The Reader, The Wrestler and Gran Torino. All three I plan to play so the first choice I had to make was which two to show. One problem was all of these shows should have played the 7:00 show. However I'm running out of school year so I need to play these films soon.




I decided since Gran Torino is a bit more of an action film it would fit best as a late show. I ended up choosing Wrestler for the early simply because it's the shortest so the late show of Gran Torino can be as early as possible. I'm probably gonna get flack from people who wanted to see Gran Torino but won't go to the late show. Maybe I'll bring it back during exams.




So the tentative plan would have The Reader playing at 7:00 the following week however I didn't go ahead and book it in. Slumdog Millionaire comes out on DVD the Tuesday of that week so the first run theatres may all drop it. I do plan to play it even if it has come out on video. That week is the last one before exams start and attendance drops no matter what I play.

No comments: