Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Next Week's Film Mar 13 - 19


Next week was really easy to book. Benjamin Button was already booked in from last week. It was available for the current week but I had already booked in Marley and Me and Bride Wars. The only question was whether or not to have a late show next week. Because of the running time of Button a late show would have been at 10:15, really late for us. I would only play something really youth oriented that wasn't too long in this case. If it had been available I might have played Taken but it's not available yet.


Turned out there were no new movies available. Yes Man is still hanging around but I didn't want to play it that late. It ended up with just one show of Button at 7pm. One of my projectionists was afraid I was going to play two shows of Button. The late show wouldn't have been over until 1:30 AM. I don't think that would have worked too well.


I discovered today I screwed up some, I waited forever for The Hyland to play Rachel Getting Married and haven't had a chance to play it since they finished with it. It came out on video today so it looks like I won't be playing it. I usually keep a better eye on video dates to avoid this kind of situation.


On a similar note, I don't think we will be playing Slumdog until after it comes out on video. Fox annoyed me and most of the exhibitors by setting the DVD release date as Mar 31 even though it's still doing well in theatres. This has happened before and we still do well with a big title like this even if it has just come out on video. I would imagine all the first run theatres will drop it the week it comes out on DVD so I can pick it up then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would rather see Slumdog Millionaire on the big screen. Hope you decide to play it.