Tuesday, January 09, 2007

2007 at Western Film

This should be an interesting year at Western Film. There are going to be renovations at the Wave, the restaurant right beside the theatre. As of this writing a permanent concession stand for Western Film is in the plans. I'm not sure what the final layout will be yet. I think the renovations are going to be done over the summer.

As far as attendance goes it should be a good year. There has been much talk about how good next year looks in terms of movies. There's several movies that are almost guaranteed to be huge hits.

Pirates 3
Shrek The Third
The next Harry Potter.
Transformers.
Spiderman 3.
Ratatouille (Pixar)

And some that will likely do well.

Fantatsic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer.
Meet the Robinsons
Evan Almighty
Simpsons movie (I will so be there opening night)
Bourne Ultimatum
Rush Hour 3 (this one may suck)
National Treasure 2

plus the usual crop of smaller movies and art product.

There has been talk of 2007 being the biggest year ever at the Box office. When you have several movies that are almost guaranteed to make $200-$300 million I wouldn't be surprised.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any Chance that Western film will be playing Perfume?

WesternFilm said...

At this point I couldn't say. It doesn't seem to be getting much of a release or marketing. I haven't heard much about it. I do know the trailer sucks and people in the theatre with me have been laughing at it. Personally I think it will probably be one of those movies that kind of just disappears. Who know though, Dustin Hoffman may get some notice if he does a good job.