Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Next Week's Movies

For the first time in a while I had a hard choice to make as far as next week goes. There were 4 movies available.

Superman Returns
Click
You, Me and Dupree
Little Man

Little Man was easy to say no to, it looked absolutely horrible.

Superman is too long to play anything else as a late show.
Click and Dupree would make a good double feature but during the summer I didn't think either would do great as a late show.
Also we are getting close to the academic year starting so I took that into account.

I don't think anything good will come off next week. Devil Wears Prada will be at least 2 weeks. Clerks 2 might come available but I don't want to play it until the students return.

I decided to play Superman next week by itself. I'm going to play Click starting Aug 25th, probably by itself. I could play Dupree the same week but I think I'll hold it for the next week. The playweek starting Sep 1 contains most of Frosh Week. Dupree strikes me as a good Frosh Week movie, funny, short, with popular actors. Ideally I'd like to play Dupree and Prada but may not be able to. Maybe Dupree and Clerks 2?

During or soon after Frosh week we plan to play An Inconvenient Truth.

No comments: