Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Question about Slideshow invisibles trivia.


I'm looking for feedback from anyone who reads this who actually goes to Western Film to see movies. Before the movie starts we play a PowerPoint slide show with trivia. Some of the trivia I get from imdb which is usually more in the form of 'did you know...' rather than questions. The visual trivia I get from a site called filmwise.com (with permission) I started using their invisibles trivia as they seemed neat and they make a lot of them so I had lots to choose from. In the invisibles trivia they take a scene from a movie and someone very skillfully erases the humans leaving only their clothing and sets. You then have to guess what the film is.


I like using the invisibles for the slideshow because they are easy to change which takes less time so I can change the slide show more often. However I'm not sure how effective they are. I have to make the images larger for the slide show which reduces resolution and then the image gets even bigger on the big screen.


So I have a few questions.


Do people have trouble making out what the image is because it's too fuzzy sometimes?

Are they too hard?

Is having trivia before a movie tacky?



I make sure the trivia isn't so easy as to be almost insulting as I've seen at other theatres.


I just updated the slide show. This time I tried to pick invisibles that were more clear visually. I also tried to pick ones that were a little easier than some in the past.


If anyone checks it out let me know what you think.
P.S. if you are a movie buff you might want to check out the invisibles at the site. I'm surprised how many people get all 8 each week. I can usually get about half.

1 comment:

Bajingo said...

Do people have trouble making out what the image is because it's too fuzzy sometimes?
- I haven't had any problem seeing the images due to fuzziness

Are they too hard?
- Some of them are really difficult because a lot of them are movies I have never seen. Also, the images, at times, can be really ambiguous, so even if it was from a movie I knew, it isn't from a significant scene.

Is having trivia before a movie tacky?
- Having trivia before a movie is NOT tacky, it is excellent! It reminds me of what movie theatres used to be like in the 90's... now all they do is advertise at me and that sucks.
I like some entertainment between my advertising.