Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Next Week's Movie.


I'd basically already decided what to do about next week before I even knew what was available. The playweek includes Thanksgiving weekend, so many students go home this place becomes pretty much a ghost town. I didn't want to play a good movie and 'waste' it. Last year we played Stardust over the holiday and not only did it not do well but I got a lot of e-mails from people asking if it would be playing later because they weren't going to be here.

We also have the preview screening of W. on Wednesday night so the regular movie won't play that night.


I decided to play one show of Dark Knight at 7pm and no late show. Dark Knight is still doing well enough to keep for a third week and it's a good place holder to 'kill' the week. Just doing one show reduces expenses and gives those of us that are still here working something more similar to a holiday.


There were several movies available.


Mamma Mia- finally, this is one I definitely didn't want to play over the holiday. I booked it in for the week following, starting Oct 17.


My Best Friend's Girl- This came off really fast so it must have bombed worse than I thought. It goes into the reserve list but there are other things I'd rather play first.


Ghost Town- kinda funny but bombed, probably won't play it.


The Women- will probably play in a week or two, maybe.


Righteous Kill- another hard call, starred Pacino and De Niro but didn't do all that well. Might play as a late show later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to Ghost Twon - anything with Ricky Gervais has to be funny...right?