Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Next Week's movies.

I was really hoping for a big movie to come off this week as it's typically busy since the students tend not to have too much to do right after Slack Week. I didn't expect to get any of the Oscar movies but I was hoping for 27 Dresses to come off. It'll do real well here.


These are the movies that were available:


Rambo- wouldn't do well here.

Meet The Spartans - I wouldn't have played it anyway and Fox wanted full shows?!

National Treasure 2 - I decided not to play this for now, maybe not at all. Based on general trends and especially how I Am Legend did these kind of films just don't seem to be what people want to see at Western Film.

Persepolis- This is the kind of film that can do well here. I'm hoping it's like Kite Runner and I'm pleasantly surprised and does better than I think it will. It could also bomb.


For the late show I decided to do a bit of an experiment and put in Cloverfield. We'll see if everyone who wanted to see it already saw it. I'll probably have to put up signs about the queasy-cam aspect of the film, some people can't take the shaking camera and get motion sickness.

No comments: