Wednesday, March 21, 2007

No kids for Pan's Labyrinth please.

I just hope no one brings any kids to Pan's Labyrinth. Despite it looking like a fairytale it is definitely not for kids. I think it's based on a real fairytale?

I'm going to tell my staff to tell anyone who brings kids that it is not for children. However, we can't stop the parents from taking the kids if they want. It's rated 14A which means anyone under 14 can go as long as they have someone over 18 with them.

We've had this problem with a few movies in the past and told parents the movie playing wasn't for kids. Sometimes they got pissed off. They were of the attitude the decision is up to them what to bring their kids to. I'd rather they get pissed off at us for telling them the movie isn't for kids than coming out all pissed because we didn't tell them and their kids are scarred for life.

Pan's is quite violent is both the real and fairy worlds. There's one scene that I know would have really disturbed me as a child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me just how dumb people can be -- I would personally be thankful if you told me it wasn't a movie suitable for kids. This is saying Hey yeah we are willing to loose our $10 for your movie ticket so long as you don't expose your kids to something potentially terrifying. Good on you! Bad on ignorant parents! Oh well at least they're the ones who have to deal with the nightmares right.