Friday, October 15, 2010

Midnight Movies so far update


We've only done three midnight films but all have done quite well so I'm optimistic the series will work.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail did about 70 people and they quite a few bought snacks.

The Shining did about 53 people but they bought more snacks and the dollar total was almost the same as Holy Grail.

I expected it to do less but Princess Bride did the best with about 85 people and a ton of snack bar sales.

So far each movie has done more than double what it needed to break even. This is good as some of the later movies may not break even. As long as the series as a whole doesn't lose money I can keep doing it.

This week is Clockwork Orange which I expect to do about the same as The Shining.


I purposely front loaded the schedule with the obvious Cult films to give the series a kick start, after Clockwork we get into some movies that are less obvious and I'll be curious to see how they do. I'll also be watching carefully what does well to help decide what to book for next term.


I'm still taking requests at wfilm@uwo.ca.

No comments: